Thank you ever so much. I've now accessed your resources and am really pleased with them. They'll really inform my planning. Fantastic!
* * * * Nicola on 23 Nov 2012
Very good, and easy to use
* * * * Elizabeth ter Haseborg on 26 Nov 2011
Great product! I loved the instant download feature. I put it to immediate use in my class.
* * * * Julie Prommasit on 08 Dec 2011
This version really helped my ESL students and my lower level readers understand and enjoy the story! The vocabulary that accompanied the story was very useful.
Who is the Christmas Carol Teaching Pack aimed at?
- English language learners
- GCSE English Language students
- Reluctant readers
- Younger learners
Why are graded versions easier to read?
- Text condensed to that essential to central story
- Increased use of line space, paragraph breaks etc.
- Minor simplification of grammar & syntax
- Vocabulary streamlined
- Sentences & paragraphs
- Focus on the narrative
How close is graded text to the original?
Very close. Direct quotations remain in the original form - can be used in essays etc.
CEF English language level: C1
How has written/edited the materials?
Kieran McGovern is 'one of the leading writers of language learner materials.
How can I use the materials with my class?
The Christmas Carol Teaching Pack has many suggestions, resources & activities.